Sunday, November 30, 2014

In the wings...

So while I was working on the bore that was the previous post, I had in the wings two delicious hanks of Madeline Tosh Sock in Whiskey Barrel.  I found it for a guy I worked with who wanted a scarf that was made up of browns, greys and blues.  I didn't think I was going to find anything with that combo, but when I stopped by my LYS - Rose's Fine Yarns - there it was, sitting on the shelf.  Gorgeous and the perfect fit. I bought it and there it has sat, waiting patiently (not like me).

The other reason I have been dying to work on this project, besides getting to use a yarn I have been wanting to try almost since I started knitting, is that this would be the first one  where I would get to use my spiffy new stitch markers my awesome sister got me for my anniversary this year.  Aren't they fantastic?  :)



 I have since cast on for another linen stitch scarf with this yarn, and these markers are an absolute delight to use - thin, snagless  and with no gapping between stitches at all!  They are by Craft Cat Knitty Bits on Etsy.  Looking through her stuff makes me want to start a stitch marker collection; I almost want one of everything on there. Oh hey... I haven't seen the little heart ones before...

No comments:

Post a Comment