Saturday, November 15, 2014

Impatience

Argh!  The agony!

A true fiberphile will understand my pain - a perfect, gorgeous, delicious yarn that is just screaming to be knit, formed into something even more beautiful.  But you have to WAIT.  There are other obligations, projects with deadlines, promises to be kept.  Then, and only then, can that yarn be addressed.

You see this?

THIS is the source of my anguish. Madeline Tosh Sock yarn in Whiskey Barrel. A yarn that I have been wanting to try since I started knitting, in a colorway that is simply stunning.

I have an order for a linen stitch scarf from a guy at work that will be done in Berocco Ultra Alpaca Fine in the same charcoal as I used in my Dad's. That led to another guy at work ordering one, but he wanted his in browns and greys and blues.  Where on earth was I going to find that combination?

I had popped into my LYS, Rose's Fine Yarns, to pick up a couple more Brittany crochet hooks for my sister and of course, had to take a wander through the rest of the store.  And there it was, sitting innocently on the shelf with the other colors.  I texted the gent at work, not willing to go ahead and spend $60 without checking with him first.  Moments before the store closed, the text came in telling me to go ahead, so I ran in and snagged it.

And so there it sits.  In my project bag.  Wound.  Waiting. Taunting.

Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment