This seems to be a trend. I make a linen scarf to order for someone and another person sees it and wants one too. No problem for me; it's one of my favorites to do. There is something very addicting and satisfying about watching the colors come together and produce such a lovely fabric. This one was done in Madeline Tosh Sock, color Whisky Barrel. This is a weird yarn. It feels expensive and lush but when you knit with it, it somehow feels smooth and sticky at the same time. Luxury with a bit of grab? I can't put my finger on it, but I am not loving this one. Maybe it's that the fabric that I am used to linen stitch creating is usually soft and flowy like cloth, but this turned out stiffer than I am used to. I'm not really sure. I love their color palette, but for the money I think I would hesitate to use this line again for a linen stitch scarf. Nevertheless, the customer loved it and wears it on a regular basis, although he had to be shown how to tie it properly as he had never worn a scarf before. Apparently his mother tried to steal it, so I may have another order coming my way before too long. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment