Part of the order was a bunch of fingering weight yarn to make linen stitch scarves. Generally scarves made from this stitch are made with many colors to make the effect seen here. That was what I was going for, but my sister decided she wanted hers in a solid green color. She ordered a color called Jade. The box came in and I sent her the picture:
This was not the color she wanted. She has enough in turquoise already and wasn't looking for more. She had hoped it would be closer to the picture that was shown on the website and was a bit disappointed, but knew it would still look lovely when it was done. I tucked it away in the bin with the rest of the order and went on to other projects.
A few days later I was rooting about in the bin for a particular yarn when I saw a pretty green yarn I didn't remember ordering. What is this? I pulled it out and looked at the tag. It was the Jade! I immediately took a second picture:
Seriously?! It doesn't even look like the same yarn! This was more the color she was looking for and was happy when I forwarded her the picture. So weird.


No comments:
Post a Comment