Saturday, March 12, 2016

2015 - A Knitter's Year Part 1

Well then.  Didn't realize it had been over a year since I had written anything.  Shame on me. In my defense I had a lot going on in 2015.  I was going to call this post The Year of the Sock, but then I started looking at my project list and realized there was a lot more than just socks happening.

To start, I cast on this beauty...


Heheh, kind of hard to see under the cat but I can't work on it without her interfering. She was brand new to our family when I took these pictures and couldn't get enough snuggles.  Not much has changed.  :)

I also finished the special request turquoise lnen stitch scarf for my sister...



I also decided to try my first cardigan.  I found a really awesome pattern for free by Tin Can Knits and went to town.  I am not a huge fan of how the sleeve cuffs turned out, but overall I think it turned out well.

And then there were POSSUMS!!  There is a local wildlife rehab looking for some crocheted nests for their critters.  I made them a custom possum nest and they sent me this awesome pic of their little friends enjoying my creation.

AND I finally finished the shawl for my sister.  Not anywhere near as big as I had hoped but hopefully still workable.
The year also brought a lot of aborted projects.  There were a few patterns I tried that just weren't working and were ripped out multiple times before being ripped out in frustration.  But that is part of being a knitter I guess.

Now about those socks...

No comments:

Post a Comment