Saturday, February 14, 2015

Yarn like groceries

What?!

Ok, lemme explain.

When I go get groceries, it is usually because we are just about at the point of having to drink ketchup.  My fridge is either brimming, where I have to open the door, throw something in and close the door really fast to prevent it from falling out, or it's completely empty.  So, when we go grocery shopping, I come home with all this loveliness.  Wonderful, crisp, fresh produce.  Delicious cuts of meat.  Spices, sauces, marinades, dressings.

That being the case, I usually want to just sit down on the floor and eat everything all at once.  I have bought enough for several meals, but I want to just consume it all because it all looks so yummy.

I have found I am exactly the same with my yarn.  I go to the store and buy yarn for a new project that may be down the line and I immediately want to abandon everything else I have on the go and start knitting with all the new yarns at once.  This is physically impossible, I know.  It doesn't stop me from wanting it nonetheless.

This is my current dilemma.  I learned how to knit socks and I promptly want to only knit socks with all the delicious new yarns I bought expressly for that purpose.  But I also have hat patterns that I want to try now that I can knit with dpns.  I have the perfect yarn for that tucked in my stash, of course.  And then there is the neon blanket to make.  Plus, there are the other projects and orders I have going.

Sigh.

I have settled on four.  The neon blanket won out because it is just a brainless pattern I can just zone out on, the pair of short heel row socks I had already started, the linen stitch scarf I started for myself and the giant gypsy shawl I am making for my sister.

Think that's enough for now?

No comments:

Post a Comment