Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ingrid's Cowl

I finally finished this long-promised cowl for my friend Ingrid.  I apparently told her I would make her a scarf a year and a half ago when a group of us went to Canada's Wonderland. This past summer, we ended up at a bbq together and she saw the caramel colored brioche cowl I was wearing and asked, "So, when am I getting my scarf?"  Ummmmm.....scarf?

The nice thing was she was the quickest decision-maker ever.  What would you like? I asked.  I like what you are wearing.  Fair enough; color?  Purple.  Easy.

This one is made of a full skein of Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Purple (real original color name there).  I think I cast on 38 stitches and did the whole thing in straight brioche stitch.  By the end of it I was just about ready to scream and was very happy I was done.  I wasn't very happy with the seam, but seaming is my nemesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment