Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fino Circle Scarf (with seaming success!)

This project was a triumph for me - I can seam!!
Made using the Fino Circle Scarf pattern, it is knit in one long panel and then seamed at the end.  I hate seaming.  I have never been able to get a nice, clean seam.  But then I found a link to a tutorial for seaming the two bound-off edges together at NewStitchADay.com.  It turned out great and once it was blocked, you can hardly even tell where it was joined.

This is a lovely pattern to knit and this yarn further deepened my yarn snobbery.  It is extrafine merino with silk and is wonderful to work with.  The pattern itself is a basic stockinette, one that uses the natural curl to its advantage. Being such a basic pattern, I was afraid it would get boring, but watching the colors subtly shift made it more interesting.  Plus, it ended up being the perfect project for working on while watching TV since there wasn't any complicated pattern repeats to concentrate on.  The photo above actually shows the infinity scarf doubled, as left  as is, it is 36" on each side, a little too long to be just worn straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment