
Monday, November 04, 2013
Katrina's Infinity Scarf
This is a scarf made for a girl at work who wanted a basic infinity scarf in a neutral color that would coordinate with a variety of outfits. (BTW, this is not a black and white photo)
It turned out lovely and has resulted in more requests! I used a full skein of Paton's Lace in Patina. Using 6 mm needles and the long-tail cast on method, I cast on 40 stitches and worked in stockinette for approximately 117 inches. I then laid it out and "killed" it slightly with my garment steamer. This yarn being a blend of acrylic, mohair and wool, the killing process gave it a beautiful drape. I applied heavier steam to the edges to reduce the stockinette curl then joined the two short ends with mattress stitch.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment