Saturday, October 18, 2014

Catching Up

Apologies to those who follow this blog as I have been a little delinquent of late.  This has been because all of the projects that I have been working on recently have been gifts.  I didn't want to risk them seeing them online before I had the chance to give them their items in person, so I didn't post anything.  Now I have given out the gifts, I can post their photos.

The first one was this linen stitch scarf:


It was a fun project to do and I am thrilled with the way it turned out.  I chose five colors, put them all in a bag and pulled them out one at a time, knitting one row with each color.  Once I had used all five colors, I would throw them all back in the back and start over.  I prefer this method of knitting a linen stitch scarf because you don't have to worry about all those pesky purl rows and it creates a fringe as you go.

I must admit that I was rather tickled when the lovely lady I gave it to wasn't 100% sure that it was something I had hand-knitted as opposed to something store-bought.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment